- Hans Weber
- September 26, 2023
Embassy of Ukraine in Prague / Velvyslanectví Ukrajiny v Praze
The Cultural House in Irpin was one of the first built in Ukraine after World War II. The construction of the building was initiated by the residents of the city who wanted to restore cultural life in the city. The management of the local brick and tile factory began construction in the summer of 1952. The workers of this factory built the culture house on their own expense. In the autumn of 1954, the “culture club” was officially opened: a hall with 484 seats, a lobby, a dressing room, a choreography room, a singing and dramatic rehearsal room.
In the first days of extensive Russian armed aggression, the city of Irpin became a feisty shield protecting the capital Kiev and experienced all the horrors of Russian occupation. The shelling also hit the community center and damaged its facades, interiors and ceilings.